Learn How To Be UNsuccessful

Leave a comment

August 12, 2014 by Yanique's Marketing Concepts

1. Blaming others – Blaming others for your downfalls will not help you get ahead in life. When you don’t fully accept responsibility for your actions you’re bound to repeat the same mistakes.
2. Being afraid – Life is too short to be afraid. Don’t be afraid to take chances on the things that might bring you the most happiness out of life.
3. Making excuses – Excuses are tools of incompetence used to build monuments of nothing. If something is important enough you won’t need to make an excuse to get it done. So just do it!
4. Re-living your past in the present – How many times have you wasted time reflecting on the past instead of focusing on your future? There’s nothing wrong with reflecting on fond memories or reflecting on mistakes of the past but don’t let it distract you from the here & now. There is so much more life ahead of you than behind you so don’t re-live your past, instead look forward to your future!
5. Complaining – What’s the point? It’s been said that 80% of people won’t listen to your complaining and the other 20% are just glad it’s not them. LOL!
6. Controlling – You can’t control what other people do or what they think of you. Don’t try to control anyone else but yourself.
7. Needing to be right – Just because you are right doesn’t mean you have to need to be right. No one likes a ‘know-it-all’ so there should be no need to portray yourself as one.
8. Judging others – “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” While there is nothing wrong with acknowledging other people’s faults there is a fine line between judgment and awareness. Before you speak on someone else’s flaws be aware of your own.
9. Needing to impress others – Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses. It’s just not necessary because there will always be someone else that has more than you do. Work to impress yourself.
10. Having limited beliefs – While you may carry a certain philosophy (life, religion, work ethic, etc.) it doesn’t hurt to be open minded or listen to other people’s beliefs. Even if we can’t all agree limited your beliefs may cripple your attitudes towards other people. Your way isn’t the only way & your way may not even be the best way. Remember, there is always ore than one way to slice a pie!
11. Resisting change – This one is tough for me. I don’t like too much change because I tend to think that things are usually fine just the way they are. But change is a natural way of life and I’d be crazy to think that things are going to stay the same just for me (although I think they should. Lol!) Although I’m not entirely comfortable with certain things changing even I can’t resist absolute change. So, if you are afraid of change or just uncomfortable with it (like me), then get over it! Life will go on without you.
12. Attachment to the superficial – Things can come & go. Don’t be so attached to something that can easily be lost, taken or even stolen from you. Focus on what’s more important in life – people & relationships. Never get attached to something that can’t attach itself to you.

unsuccessful

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: